Thursday, March 30, 2006

Piece of Cake 10K


(Don and Erica showing their early season form)





I joined the Montgomery Road Runners Club this year, something I've procrastinated doing since Lisa and I moved to Maryland in 2003. Lisa has also started running for the first time and will likely join as well. This race was one of their club series races to commemorate the MCRRC birthday. It was held on a crisp morning in late March, on a rolling course in Seneca Creek State Park, MD. Although I had run several marathons over the last couple of years, my 'minimal training' program left me hobbled with my first chronic injury that, like the spirits that haunted Ebeneezer Scrooge, warned me of the horrible toll that age would take on my body if I kept up the abuse. When I was finally able to start running again in February, I swore I would change my evil ways.

This was my first 10K in 2 years;as my legs screamed for more oxygen, I couldn't help but wonder ab0ut how narrow my coronary arteries had shrunk after 30+ years of McBurger abuse. I finished with a respectable time, but more importantly my heart didn't explode. I would live to run another day.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home